Broadway. That's kind of what bedtime is like in our house with Miss Addison Elizabeth. A full-out, award-winning D-R-A-M-A. (I know my parents are laughing because they think I'm dramatic, but NOTHING AT ALL like this child. See what I did there with the dramatic exaggeration?).
Literally, every single night is a production. To enlighten you, I'll give you a brief rundown of a standard night. And little miss follows the script to a T. She doesn't deviate.
Parents: Time for bed, Addison.
Addison: NOOOOOO.
P: Yes, Addison.
A: Sing ABCs
[We sing]
A: Sing Jesus Loves Me
[We sing]
A: Um...sing Twinkle
[We sing Twinkle, Twinkle, pray and do kisses]
P: Night, night Addison.
A: Mommy?
P: Yes, Addison?
A: I can't see my nightlight.
[Fix curtains]
P: Ok, night night Addison
A: Mommy?
P: Yes, Addison?
A: Turn my fan on.
[Turn fan on]
(before it has a chance to start fully) A: It's not going.
[We reach up and give it a good push to get started FASTER]
P: Ok, night night Addison.
A: I need two cubbers (covers).
[Cover her]
A: Sing ABCs
AND REPEAT WITH EVERY STALL TACTIC THERE HAS EVER BEEN (Where are my dolls? Where's Carter? Mommy sleep on my floor? Where's my water? I'm firsty., and so on)
Then Seth has to go in and cover, sing, adjust curtains, make fan go faster, kiss cheeks.
Lord, have mercy.
Since we moved her to a big girl bed, this has been the new norm (for us....you know she'd go to my parent's house and go right to bed). She also wakes up pretty much every morning between 5:14 and 5:44 to go to the bathroom. And when we take her and then walk her back to her room...
YEP! You guessed it. She wants us to start that again.
My hair is graying and I'm low on sleep. Surely there is a brilliant idea out there for our lead actress?!?!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment