Wow, things have been fairly nuts around here. The past few days have been jam-packed with all sorts of things.
One of my best friends, Elizabeth, got married on Saturday. On Friday night, we had the rehearsal and the dinner afterwards. Carter surprised us by being pretty well-behaved for a tired, hungry little boy. Bravo, little man! After the dinner, Seth went home with Carter (Oma and Opa were almost there for the weekend), and I went and stayed at Elizabeth's house to help keep her calm before the big day. :)
On Saturday, we got up and began the festivities - hair being done, make-up...all the normal "works" before a wedding. My friends and I were joking around that if she wasn't our best friend, we'd "hate" her (not really) because she looked THAT gorgeous. Like, out of a magazine gorgeous. The wedding was lovely and we had lots of fun at the reception. Aside from the migraine I was rocking by 11 p.m. from my hairstyle (and my gobs of hair), everything was perfect. You looked stunning, Liz, and your day was so "you!" :)
On Father's Day, we woke up fairly early and headed out to breakfast with Seth's parents. Carter was in a serious mood...and not a good one. Seems as though the teething is finally starting to take its toll. After some Tylenol, things calmed down a bit. We headed up to my parent's house for swimming, fishing, shooting, and lunch. We made mountain pies for lunch and they were sooo good. I haven't had one of those since the last time we went camping.
For Father's Day, Carter gave his daddy a crayon drawing and a card, and I got him two magazine subscriptions (for hunting and fishing magazines) and a date night to a place he's been talking about in Reading for a long time! We might even have a babysitter for the little guy. We'll see. :)
I'm thankful that, on Father's Day, I can show Seth how much I appreciate him and Carter can show him how much he loves him. He's a great dad and I can't imagine parenting with anyone but him. I love you, Seth!
Now, it's back to the grind today - Carter started his new daycare, so I've been watching the clock and wondering when it will be socially acceptable to call and see how he's doing. And my car made a lovely squeaking sound the whole way to work. Happy Monday, right?
Have a good week!! :)
Monday, June 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment