Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

A few random things.

My brain is fried. Though I--for obvious reasons--did not announce it publicly, Seth was in Chicago this past week. And my kids were not the kindest to me. :)

So, here are a few random things from this week.

1. We were at a wedding reception on Saturday (they got married in HI but then had a reception back here in PA) when Carter told me to "shut up." Um? WHAT DID YOU SAY, little boy? I promptly picked him up and removed him to the outside of the reception place to have a little discussion. I told him that we do not EVER say those words to mommy or anyone and asked him if he thought Jesus appreciated him talking to his mommy like that.

I KID YOU NOT, he looked at me, rolled his eyes and said "Praise father and holy ghost" and started to walk back inside.

WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED??? For starters, he's obviously referencing a line from the doxology, which he knows well. But did my three-year-old really just say that to me?!?

He obviously got scolded again for the disrespect, but that ranks up there in the list of times I've had to hold myself from laughing while disciplining because seriously?? Where does he come up with this stuff?!?

2. Addison has a double ear infection (it has been 8 weeks since the last one, after all), which explains her MISERY for much of the time Seth was gone. I couldn't possibly leave the room without her freaking out and don't even THINK of even turning your back to stir dinner on the stove, lady. Holy cow, the screaming. I can still hear it days later. And Carter and Addison are playing so poorly together lately (lack of sharing much?) so it most certainly escalated all minor "anthills" into "mountains." I'm so old to say that.

At one point while Seth was gone, I declared that if someone offered me my full-time salary to be a stay-at-home-mom, I would say thank you, but no thank you. It's for some and not for all. I'm a better mom for working.

3. I need a date night. Of the overnight variety. (see #2).

4. Addison went from "sort of" walking to practically running. And I sort of love it. Sure, it means we'll never sit down again, but she's 25 pounds, so that part is nice. Plus, I've never seen anything cuter than chubby baby legs in brand new sneakers, booking it down the hallway, while accompanied by squealing laughter. I dare you to find something cuter.

5. We leave for vacation this weekend. Our neighbor is house and dog-sitting for us and we are excited to get away and maybe enjoy SOME relaxation. Please, kids? :) 

Have a great week!

No comments: