Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simple pleasures

I saw this on another blog and thought it was a cute idea and a fun way to get out of my writer's rut.
Here are some of my favorite "simple pleasures":
* Seeing our baby on ultrasound or hearing his heartbeat at appointments.
* Feeling the baby kick.
* Coming home to this bouncy little puppy who seriously loves so unconditionally it can make your head spin. I love him!
* Cuddling with my love.
* Going on date nights, even if they are just going out for dinner and running and errand together.
* A Starbucks latte when it's freezing out.
* A warm bubble bath while reading the magazine that came in the mail that day.
* Baby toes. Seriously, cutest things ever. I feel like I will stare at Carter's toes all day.
* When the boss lets everyone in the office leave a few hours early "just because."
* The way the house looks/smells for 4 whole minutes after I spend the day cleaning.
* Snow when you have absolutely nowhere to go.
* Laying on the beach and knowing you have absolutely nothing else to do.
* When Seth gives me flowers for no reason at all. Like when I came back to my office on the day of the big ultrasound and saw a big vase of red roses and baby's breath, JUST because he knew I was nervous. I almost melted. Such a good husband.
That's just a FEW. What are some of your simple pleasures?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

such a handsome dog. :)