After seeing 3 different vets, no one can seem to pinpoint what is wrong with him. Vet 1 said "it's a sprain." I knew he was nuts from the second I met him, so I didn't buy it. He was so rude to us, and I fully intend on writing a letter to the company. The next day--and Vet 2--said he had a condition called panosteitis. Also odd, we thought, since pano typically doesn't hit until 6 months or more. But what do we know??
He started to walk a tiny bit on Friday afternoon, but we soon started seeing he might have signs of a UTI. By Saturday morning, he was at the worst we've seen him. He couldn't walk at all, and his left legs looked like a full-grown boxer they were so swollen. He hardly lifted his head for the vet. This vet was dead honest with us and said that he hasn't seen anything so unusual in such a small puppy, and referred us to an orthopaedic specialist near Philadelphia. He gave him some meds for his UTI (we were right) and some new pain meds.
I freaked momentarily about the cost, but realized I'd pick up a 2nd job for the little guy :)
This is what his chest/leg swells looked like on Saturday morning:
Thank God, the pain meds kicked in pretty well right away, and he jumped up all of a sudden and started playing.
Our appt at the specialist is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Thankfully, my mom is riding along with me since it's Seth's first day of school and he can't miss it. All day today, Bentley has been seemingly fine. Of course he is. Why would he be at his worst when we see the specialist that will prevent me from buying a new piece of clothing for months?!?! That's how it always works, right? :) But we still want to take him to make sure he doesn't have a chronic condition. For all we know, the pain meds are just that good.
You can check out our dropshots to see happier pictures/videos of him playing and hanging out at Carlisle prepping Seth's classroom!
1 comment:
Keep us updated! We have been prating for him.
Post a Comment