Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back to Work...

After 11 consecutive days of no work, I am back into the swing of things today. There were lots of e-mails and voicemails to return, and lots of office "going-ons" to catch up on.

And let me tell you...I am surprised that I have been able to hold my head up all day because that puppy, though cute as a button, has me dead tired already. Heaven help me when I have a child. (Rumor has it they are more exhausting than a puppy!) haha :)

Like clockwork, we go to bed at 10 p.m., and like clockwork, Bentley thinks it's time to play at 5:45 a.m. Over the last 5 nights, I think I've slept a total of 25 hours.

We joke that he is just like me: he loves Seth (like his momma), has a small bladder (like his momma), likes to nap (like his momma), and can be stubborn (like his momma....and daddy). In a book we bought, it says that in order to own a boxer you need to "have a sense of humor or prepare to get one." How true it is! He is SO funny.

The other day, I yelled at him for biting my Pier 1 basket in the living room.

He looked at me, walked out of my arm's reach, and sat down. Facing away from me. And would not look at me no matter how sweetly I said his name or tried to get him to look. It was hysterical. But we now know: he does not like to be offended!


To add to the Boxer fun, when Michelle and Jason went with us to pick Bentley up, they broke down and bought another one. It is out of the same litter, so Bentley's sister, Lexi, is now a part of the family, too!
That's all the dog news for now--I'm sure we'll have lots more.
In the meantime, Happy Anniversary, Ben and Salli. Enjoy your day! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! That's so cool that Lexi is with your sister and hubby! Now I almost want a puppy. ;-)